Atlanta Fatal Car Accident Attorney
If you have lost somebody that you love due to the careless or negligent actions of another driver in the Atlanta area, please accept our deepest condolences. We know that this is a challenging time for you and your family. At Williams Oinonen LLC, we are here to help if you need an Atlanta fatal car extra attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate the incident and help you recover closure and compensation for what happened.
In this guide:
- Do You Need a Wrongful Death Attorney in Atlanta?
- Georgia Car Accident Stats
- What is the Most Fatal Type of Car Accident?
- Who Can File a Fatal Car Accident Case?
- Call a Georgia Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Why Choose Williams Oinonen LLC for Your Case?
- At Williams Oinonen LLC, we have the dedication and personable experience of a small firm, but the resources and knowledge of a large firm.
- Since opening in 2009, our attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients.
- We handle Atlanta fatal car accident and Atlanta wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that families will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will an Attorney Help a Car Accident Claim in Atlanta?
Fatal car accident claims can become incredibly challenging, particularly when it comes to going up against the insurance carrier of the at-fault party. Typically, fatal car accident claims payout more than traditional vehicle accident claims, which means that insurance carriers are going to do everything they can to deny the claim or pay less than your family actually deserves.
A skilled fatal car accident attorney in Atlanta can use their resources to:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the incident in order to uncover all evidence to prove liability.
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts who can calculate the total value of the claim under half of the family.
- Handle all negotiations with aggressive insurance carriers.
- Fully prepare the claim for trial if necessary.
Car accidents can cause severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, and our attorneys are prepared to help you recover damages for the injuries you have suffered.
Georgia Car Accident Statistics
In 2019, there were 1,377 fatal car accidents in Georgia with 1,491 total deaths. The national average in the same year was 33,244 fatal accidents with 36,096 total deaths. Georgia is in the top five states for traffic fatalities.
What is the Most Fatal Type of Car Accident?
In the same year, 49% of crashes were single-vehicle and 51% were multi-vehicle. The most dangerous single vehicle accidents are off-the-road crashes where vehicles are likely to hit another object or flip entirely. Dangerous multi-vehicle accidents inclue head on collisions and T-bone accidents. Head on collisions often lead to severe injuries and are often times fatal.
Who Can File a Fatal Car Accident Lawsuit?
Under Georgia law, wrongful death occurs in “all cases in which the death of a human being results from a crime, from criminal or other negligence, or from property which has been defectively manufactured, whether or not as the result of negligence” (Ga. Code § 51-4-1 (2021).
This can include vehicle accidents caused by the negligence of another driver. When these incidents occur, Georgia law allows the following individuals to file wrongful death lawsuits in civil court:
- The spouse of the deceased
- Surviving children of the deceased
- Surviving parents of the deceased
- An administrator or executor of the deceased’s estate
It is crucial to understand that wrongful death claims in Georgia must be filed within two years from the date of death, or family members will likely not be able to recover the closure and compensation they are entitled to.
Contact an Atlanta Fatal Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the negligent actions of another driver in the Atlanta area, reach out to the team at Williams Oinonen LLC immediately. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling complex injury and wrongful death claims, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate your crash. Let us handle all negotiations with insurance carriers. We are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. When you need an Atlanta fatal car accident attorney, you can contact our firm for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (404) 654-0288.